Leading Off-Highway OEM
The Innovation & Technology Development team offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within this global organisation. Working on the integration of electronic and electrical systems within multiple Caterpillar products provides the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
The integration of the latest Electronics and Electrical technology helps differentiate their products from its competitors by enabling exceptional performance and value to the customer. Our engine systems control air and fuel delivery with millisecond precision to maximise performance and minimise exhaust emissions. Our integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
The Advanced Components & Technologies (AC&T) division, based in Peterborough (UK), have a number of exiting opportunities to join the team to contribute to the design and development of electrical and electronic control systems for engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
- Degree-qualified engineer with experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of machine control systems.
- Demonstrated experience of:
- Collecting customer requirements
- Documenting technical specifications
- Developing features and integrating them in machine
- Completion of a verification testing
- Off-highway machine control system development experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
- Requirements management (Ideas, Teamcenter etc.)
- D-Space or NI test bench experience
This role would benefit from the experience of a teime-served and widely knowledgable Aerospace/Automotive or Automation abd Robotics Controls Systems Engineer.
If you are interested in this role apply now!