£33k per year
2 months ago
Role: Electro-Mechanical Technician
Salary: £16.55 per hour plus overtime (c£33'000 base salary)
Hours: 7.30am - 3.30pm (Flexible start and finish times)
Purpose of the job:
· To provide efficient investigation, electrical and mechanical repair, rewind or overhaul, maintenance, removal and installation service to the Service Centre to ensure all work is achieved to the required standards, time, costs and customer satisfaction.
· Working on all types of LV & HV motors and associated equipment, pumps and other rotating plant or machinery
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Dismantle, electrically test, inspect and rewind or overhaul both electrically and or mechanically motors, pumps and other rotating equipment both within the Service Centre or on customer sites
· Measure and record build tolerances, and ability to determine parts that require repair
· Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand held power and non-power tools
· Complete required paperwork (including photography) for each job accurately and on a timely basis
· Develop and maintain good and effective relationships with clients to optimise customer satisfaction
· Proactively engage and support company initiatives designed to promote a culture of safe working, environmental protection and continual improvement.
· Ensuring all work meets the appropriate standards and quality control criteria as set out by the company.
· Adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times including GPR 5 Annex E, and follow all appropriate procedures and use the appropriate protective equipment
· Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks
· Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
· Ensure that the work, including tooling and equipment, is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
· Any other duties commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
· Numerate, methodical and practical skills are essential
· Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to work alone or as part of a team
· A recognized Electrical / Mechanical engineering apprenticeship background or trained in rotating machinery along with significant experience in repairing electrical rotating equipment
· Previous demonstrable experience of overhaul and repair of all types of electric motors including; LV, HV, D.C., Ex. Along with other rotating equipment such as pumps and gearboxes
· Knowledge of health and safety requirements
· Full and valid driving license is preferred
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.