£30k - 35k per year
about 1 month ago
Job title: Electro Mechanical Development Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Hours: Working hours 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Permanent role working for a leading design and Development organisation in Birmingham.
An Electro Mechanical Development Engineer is required with knowledge of design and development of mechanical and electric coolant pumps, lubrication pumps and fuel transfer pumps for commercial medium and heavy duty vehicles.
Engineers with Knowledge of fluid dynamics, physical testing, instrumentation, data acquisition and CAN e.g. Labview will be well received.
Due to demand and expansion this Birmingham based company require an experienced, dynamic, leading Electro Mechanical Development Engineer to design and develop mechanical and electric coolant pumps, lubrication pumps and fuel transfer pumps for commercial medium and heavy duty vehicles. To be part of a small team executing the engineering Development Validation Plan activities. The primary focus begins on a mechanical coolant and lubricant module, with scope to participate in several smaller development projects, most likely on e-Pumps.
As the Electro Mechanical Development Engineer, you will be required to:
- Participation in design reviews.
- Participation in design failure mode effect analysis.
- Plan and organise in-house performance and durability tests.
- Design and detail assembly tooling and test fixtures.
- Generate control plans for prototype builds.
- Ensure the procured prototype components conform to requirements.
- Coordinate and support prototype builds.
- Maintenance of the project build record.
- Manage the project instrumentation and data acquisition to ensure quality of data.
- Perform in-house performance and durability tests efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Writing of test reports for the DVP.
- The dissemination of findings internally and to customers.
- Contribute to the optimisation of performance and durability.
- The submission of the Development Part Approval Process documentation to the customer.
- Responsible to (and mentored by) the Chief Development Engineer
The Electro Mechanical Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated in Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar discipline.
- Excellent organisational skills, logical reasoning and prioritisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with hands on tasks.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels of the business and with customers.
- Punctual, committed, tidy and professional attitude.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics.
- Experience of physical testing.
- Knowledge of instrumentation.
- Experience with data acquisition and CAN e.g. Labview
- Experience with electric motors.
- Working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- Motivated to continually learn and challenge the norm.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with the background of development Engineering. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based company will offer you:
- A total 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Working hours 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. (It may be possible to adjust the start and finish time depending on travel arrangements).
- Company performance bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 2% matched company contributions rising (after two years' service) to up to 4%.
- A range of employee benefits through our associated partner.
- The role is suited, but not wholly exclusive, to a graduate engineer with ideally >2 years experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Development Engineering within automotive, aerospace or defence background and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electro Mechanical Development Engineer position, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.