Title: Electrified Powertrain Software Engineer
Salary Range: £29.10 - £30.71/hr (Ltd Co)
Contract Position based at: Whitley
Electrified Powertrain Software Engineer (Development / Test)
The position is part of a team responsible for creating and testing production software from control systems designs, using a model based environment, autocode technology and testing platforms, such as software and hardware in the loop environments.
The role encompasses working with the Controls System Design Engineers, configuring the autocode environment, running software in the loop tests and also hardware in the loop and vehicle testing. The focus of the role can be tailored towards either software development or software test, or both, depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Embedded C Code experience within a Real Time environment, preferably with autocode generation and model based design experience
- Experience in software verification & tools, Software in the Loop (SIL) and Hardware in the Loop (HIL) environments, with a proven ability to overcome and resolve issues that arise.
- Working to a quality process
- Experience of working within either a software development or software test role delivering a real-time embedded control application.
- Experience of the full embedded software development lifecycle, quality processes, test environments and tools, e.g. change and version management tools
- Ability to work as part of a team and be able to work using their own initiative, and possess excellent inter-personal skills.
- Experience of control software development using Matlab / Simulink.
- Experience of autocode generators such as dSpace TargetLink or Mathworks Embedded Coder.
- Working knowledge of automotive testing and data analysis tools, such as: dSPACE AutomationDesk & ControlDesk, ETAS INCA & MDA, Vector CANalyser.
- Experience of managing software release & build content and bug management.
- Automotive powertrain & electrification control experience
- Experience working with Bosch engine management systems
- Knowledge of ASPICE
Educated to Degree level in related Engineering discipline (Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering), or equivalent experience.
If you are interested in this contract opportunity then apply now!