- Sector: Energy
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 12 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59125
Electrician / Electrical Maintenance
Salary: £31,463 p/a (6 month fixed term contract)
Shift Pattern: Week 1: 7 shifts on. Week 2: 2 rest days, 3 shifts on, 2 rest days. Week 3: Follow week1 shift pattern
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrician / Electrical Maintenance Engineer to contribute to the preventative maintenance and defect rectification on all plant and equipment at the facility, at our clients facility in Stoke-on-Trent- Staffordshire.
- The role will also be to provide an electrical fitting service throughout the plant and to assist in other discipline and implement a culture of continuous improvement.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule and report any irregularities.
- Work under the supervision of the Maintenance manager and maintenance charge hand.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Chargehand and the Maintenance Manager, liaise with the Operations department each morning, review the overnight log entries, and prioritise work as required.
- In the absence of the Maintenance Chargehand and the Maintenance Manager, ensure all work either planned or reactive is safety assessed before work commences and safety standards are maintained throughout.
- Maintain and test all LV electrical systems.
- Assist in the Implementation and monitoring of a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assist in completing the scheduled operations programme for proving plant securities and equipment changeover routines, while ensuring tests are carried out and successful results recorded on Altair or job sheet
- Effectively react to changes in circumstances and unplanned emergencies in relation to Plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Overtime working may be requested.
- Assist other operation and maintenance personnel as required.
- Assist, prepare and liaise with contractors as the need arises.
- Assist in the preparation of the planned outage using excel template, Altair or any other support provided.
- Report any jobs and finding on Altair, report to the plant manager any emergency job.
- Use of workshop tools, hand tools, power hand tools, lifting equipment, etc.
- Carry out minor welding repair when required.
- At all times carry communication devices two-way radios to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
- Source, order and purchase spare parts within allocated budget limits.
- Report when stock levels are at re-order level for all items of spares and consumables.
- The jobholder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- City and Guilds 236(0), part 1&2/ an NVQ level 3, or equivalent Electrical engineering recognised apprenticeship C&G 5357.
- Practical experience of electrical work to ideally include small power and lights, control wiring to PLC/DCS systems, motors over 15kVA (including testing), circuit and cable tracing, working at heights and fault finding.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively interpret data.
- Basic IT skills, primarily in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
Additional competences desirable:
- 18th edition wiring regulations
- IOSH working safely
- Confined space awareness
- Fork lift truck and MEWP licence
- Abrasive wheels
- Pendant crane operation
- Rigging & slinging
HV operational safety or similar is desirable but not essential
- Shift pattern – Week 1: 7 shifts on. Week 2: 2 rest days, 3 shifts on, 2 rest days. Week 3: Follow week1 shift pattern
- Average working week - 40 hours(08:00a.m – 04:00p.m with half an hours paid lunch break)
- Overtime – M to S is time and one half. Sundays and BH’s paid at double unless scheduled for a shift.
- Holidays – 224 hours (inclusive of all statutory holiday entitlement) per annum that will be pro-rata – Equiv to 28 days.
- Immediate Call out is £75.00. Hours worked paid in the usual way.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an experienced Electrician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrician role, please contact Lee Elwell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.