Electrical systems engineer - test and validation - motorcycles - Hinckley, Leic
Hinckley based motorcycle manufacturer seeking an experienced vehicle electrical test engineer within electrical engineering
What you will do
This role is within Electronic Controls Systems department and is to test and validate hardware and software for functionality.
- Create test plans for control systems and instruments (HMI).
- Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Analyse existing / improve requirements specifications.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Conduct whole bike practical tests according to Triumph's standard test procedures.
- 'End of Line' configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
- Rolling out of software updates to bikes and configuration tracking.
What you will need
- Degree in electrical/electronic engineering (or similar qualification)
- Proficient in Systems test and validation.
- Test case generation Detailed Knowledge of CAN communication and familiarity with tools such as CANalyser / CANoe / vTESTstudio (or similar).
- Script development e.g. CAPL, Python, Perl (or similar)
- Modelling (UML / SYSML),
- requirements capture / management.
- Experience with PREEvision. Altia or Qt.
- Experience with Software development (C, C++ or similar).
What you will get
- Day shift position, no weekend working, 7/8 am start with early finish on Fridays (some flexitime)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on exciting motorcycles and career development
Please include current CV, availability and details of current salary/desired salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission to discuss the role further. Should you wish to know more, please contact 01384 397555