Electrical test engineer - motorcycles - Hinckley, Leic
Hinckley based motorcycle manufacturer seeking an experienced vehicle electrical test engineer within electrical engineering
What you will do
The objective of this role is to perform standard and unscheduled test on development motorcycles so that the electrical system can be validated by the wider electrical engineers.
- Use standard or unscheduled test procedures to perform tests on the electrical system.
- Ensure that all data acquisition equipment has been installed correctly.
- Hand-on creation (design, development) of small test boxes and test units in order to perform tests (electronic design, breadboarding, pcb etc)
- Fault finding and correction during test
- Support off site and overseas testing on occasions
What you will need
- Degree or HND in electrical/electronic engineering (or similar qualification)
- Be able to read both harness schematics and component level schematics and fault find
- Be capable of designing signal conditioning and data acquisition boxes from discrete electronic components
- Be able to use scopes and meters
- CAN diagnostic skills eg CANALYZER
- Be able to work in UK without sponsorship
- Be willing to learn, honest and hardworking
What you will get
- Day shift position, no weekend working, 7/8 am start with early finish on Fridays (some flexitime)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on exciting motorcycles and career development
Please include current CV, availability and details of current salary/desired salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission to discuss the role further. Should you wish to know more, please contact 01384 397555