Position - Electrical Test Engineer
Location - Thetford, Norfolk
Salary - £22,000 - £28,000 depending on experience/skills.
Working hours - 8.00 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00 am to 3.30 pm on Fridays
We have an opportunity for an Electrical Test Engineer to join our team located in Thetford, Norfolk. As the Electrical Test Engineer you will be expected to liaise with Engineering staff relating to issues arising from inspections and testing. You will resole any issues or technical queries to ensure production assembly is smooth and unhindered. You will communicate with Design Office staff to get any issues resolved in a timely manner, and communicate with dispatch staff to avoid delayed release of panels and related products.
As the Electrical Test Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Function testing/fault finding, load testing & load control testing.
- Wave form testing, harmonics testing and current injection testing of bespoke control systems designed to meet clients specifications
- Software programming
- Processing of inspection and test data
- Working on LV circuitry, PLC communications, testing and protection relays.
- Dealing with clients and inspectors and demonstrating/simulating operational conditions of the equipment
- Carry out punch list inspections and assist in rectification work when required
- Marking up of drawings and test reports and ensuring that controlled procedures are adhered to
- Maintenance of test equipment and load test facility
- To work in accordance with the Quality and Health & Safety Management systems meeting the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001
- Observe Health & Safety requirements when working
Skills and experience required for the Electrical Test Engineer:
- Proven experience of the testing and inspection of electrical control panels within an Oil and Gas/ Petro-chemical / Pharmaceutical environment/ Automation environment / General Engineering
- City & Guilds/ONC/HNC/HND/BTEC Electrical qualification
- Proven electrical fault finding experience
- Thorough understanding and use of standard testing equipment
- Ability to read engineering drawings
To apply for the Electrical Test Engineer vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.