£20 - 30 per hour
Electrical Test Engineer
Up to £30.00 per hour (Umbrella/PAYE)
An Electrical Test Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The suitable candidate should have a technical, facilities background and will join a test engineering team to support facility led activities in a global engine development environment.
- Accountable for delivery of pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks, while adhering to safety standards and best working practices.
- Support project management activities, purchasing, installation and commissioning.
- Utilise initiative and planning tools to deliver efficiencies with a customer focus, ensuring effective communication with the team on tasks being undertaken.
- Compliance with EHS tasks, ensuring adherence with health, safety & environmental standards across site.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A good knowledge of 18th Edition Electrical Safety and Competence, not necessary to have the accreditation.
- Good understanding of the electrical and mechanical requirements of an engine test facility.
- Highly experienced individual with a demonstrated knowledge in the service and calibration of test bed measurement equipment. Ability to identify performance trends and fault diagnosis with test bed equipment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of diesel and gas engine combustion systems.
- Awareness of high voltage electrical systems associated with engine alternators.
- Instrumentation/calibration experience within an engine test facility including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc).
- A working knowledge of engine test systems (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS)
- Modification of engine electrical harnesses for a test cell environment.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.