£30k - 32k per year
Job title: Electrical Technician - REME
Salary Range: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Overtime: Time and ½ after 37.5 hours
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
3 Electrical REME Technicians are required with knowledge and experience of installing and testing electrical sub-systems in Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
The Electrical RME Technicians will be able to install systems and carry out failure diagnosis using electrical Block Wiring Diagrams and Schematics and understand engineering assembly drawings. Candidates with knowledge of vehicle automotive systems, including 12/24v DC electrical systems will be well received.
Due to expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Shropshire requires 3 dynamic, leading Electrical Technicians on a permanent basis. As an ex Reme Electrical Technician you will be required to:
- Carry out assembly, installation and test of electrical equipment, systems and harnesses systems in accordance with technical drawings and/ or manufacturing instructions
- Conduct planned and reactive maintenance, overhaul and repair on a variety electrical equipment and systems
- Have qualification, experience and knowledge in electrical theory and principles.
- Be competent in using a wide range of hand tools and equipment both for installation and the testing of electrical components and systems
- Perform crane and FLT operations and lifting tasks in accordance with safe working instructions
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment in the workshop areas
- Experience of working on Armoured Fighting Vehicles an advantage
- Capable of working with or without supervision
- Be an active team player working in an environment where you will carry out some mechanical tasks if required
- Have a clear understanding of project milestones, and be able to work to planned targets
- Demonstrate the importance of meeting time, cost and quality requirements by always striving to achieve and exceed them.
- Ensure all tooling and equipment are suitable for the task, fit for purpose and in date for any inspection required
- Work in accordance with any safety instructions, risk assessments or safety procedures. Report all accidents, incidents and near misses to their line manager and where applicable via the reporting tool.
- Offsite working within and outside the UK may be required
- Overtime and shift working may be required
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements including safety
The Engineering Systems Lead should have the following skills or experience:
Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Experienced apprentice trained electrician who is adaptable and reliable with the ability to prioritise and work effectively to deadlines.
- Able to install systems and carry out failure diagnosis using electrical Block Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
- Able to understand engineering assembly drawings
- Knowledge of vehicle automotive systems, including 12/24v DC electrical systems
- Experience of installing vehicle electrical harness systems
- Experience of working with and installation of Data bus and Fibre optics systems an advantage
- Computer literate and experienced in the use of computer diagnostic equipment
- H licence preferable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Electrical Engineering within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company or ex REME. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contrac
- 37.5 hour working week
- £30,000 to £32,000 per annum plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus of 2.5%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of electrical technician work within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Technician - REME, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.