Controls Maintenance Technician
Permanent position - Kent.
Metals refining and processing.
Salary negotiable + benefits.
We have an interesting opportunity for an Controls Maintenance Technician to assist the Maintenance and Engineering team to ensure Electrical, control and Instrumentation equipment provides plant reliability.
Due to an expansion of the department and an increase in projects, an Controls Maintenance Technician is required as soon as possible.
As the Controls Maintenance Technician you will be required to:
- Work to a schedule of planned work including inspection, servicing and installation.
- Be a driver of continuous improvement in the key performance areas of cost reduction, process efficiency, plant reliability, as well as Health, Safety & Environment and Community (HSEC) compliance.
- Manage electrical engineering projects, applying recognised standards, from concept through to scoping, design, implementation, documentation & training. These may vary from low-cost continuous improvements to higher value CAPEX funded project.
- Be a Responsible Officer and supervise contractors (including HSEC aspects) where employed for electrical tasks.
- Provide operational support to the Process plant (attending and resolving breakdowns, planned maintenance activities) as directed by the Electrical Supervisor. Willingness to provide ad-hoc, out-of-hours technical support in critical situations is expected.
- Identify improvement opportunities in plant and equipment that may provide improved reliability and ease of maintenance.
- Maintain a safe working environment through the correct application and diligent compliance with Safety, Health, Environment and Engineering standards.
- Carry out both refractory and electrical maintenance tasks to a predetermined schedule.
- Interactions with Maintenance Team consisting of Electrical Engineer, Supervisor, Lead Technician, Shift & Day Technicians & Apprentices. Planning Team, particularly Electrical Planner and Project Team, particularly the C&I Project Engineer.
The Controls Maintenance Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Fault-finding, repairing & maintaining PLCs, AC Drives, Instrumentation and LV distribution equipment in a manufacturing or process environment.
- Some experience of Allen Bradley PLC's would be an advantage.
- A background of programming PLC's and setting up variable speed drives is essential.
- A thorough understanding of IEE wiring regulations.
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or other relevant qualification.
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and suitably qualified Controls Maintenance Technician.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the required experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.