- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61467
Title: Electrical Systems Development Engineer – 37874
Pay Rate: up to £32.25/hr Ltd - inside IR35
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Electrical Systems Development Engineer - Technology Development
Responsible for the broad development of electrical systems across test facilities. This will range from facility level industrial electrical installations all the way to specific system level development. The role will involve the reactive support of all Engineering Labs and their facilities, providing electrical knowledge and problem solving to support breakdowns and maintenance
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- An advanced knowledge of Electrical Systems, Electronics or Controls Engineering field.
- Good knowledge of electrical drawings, compliance and safety systems and installation schematics Knowledge of power systems in general, hydraulics, pneumatics etc
- Experience of Rig/System commissioning, all infrastructure considerations, reporting of methods.
- Experience of facility development and planning, working with vendors to create specifications & quotes.
- Applied hands-on experience, reactive problem solving skills. Understanding of active system technology - Chassis Systems, Body Systems, HV-Electric Systems.
- Ability to design, interpret and implement complex test procedures methodically.
- Conversant in UK CA Accreditation, experience with CE marking, working with safety control systems and suppliers like PILZ.
- Ability to construct timing plans, schedule work tasks and manage team activities to completion.
- Knowledge of vehicle & test communications technology - Flexray, CAN, LIN, Profinet, EtherCAT. Experience with Hazardous Voltage (HV) Systems & Batteries.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Budgeting and estimating timescales
- Overseeing of technicians Testing installations and systems
Educated to Degree level with relevant qualifications in Electrical Systems
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply, please send your interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.