An Electrical Switch Development Engineer is requires to work for a leading Automotive company on a contract basis. You will be responsible for the leading design reviews to ensure the parts under development are delivered in line with program requirements for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and mass. Supporting vehicle development builds at European manufacturing sites. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise
To apply for the role of Electrical Switch Development Engineer you should have the following skills or experience:
- Must have experience of Switch development within automotive industry.
- Experience of daily management of global suppliers designing and manufacturing the parts.
- Experience of Switch cost drivers and budget setting methods is an advantage.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to those deadlines.
- Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
- Appreciation for ergonomic considerations related to Switch design and packaging.
- Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for Switches.
- Knowledge of material properties and specific selection methods for Switches.
- Understanding of electrical theory related to Switches and connected circuits.
- An understanding of LIN based Switch systems is an advantage.
- Familiar with automotive electrical architecture.
- Experience of working with and developing global suppliers.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW!