A Proving Test Technician - Electrical / Mechanical is required:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Proving Test Technician to join our team and have a direct impact on the success of our 3rd Party engine install team. You will be involved in a variety of engine installation projects into off-highway machines. Primarily covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown and test.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Instrument engine installations with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups, data loggers and other instrumentation.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
- Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organization.
- Have a fully flexible approach to the job role & responsibilities.
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.