- Sector: Transport & Future Mobility
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Dean Liszewski
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 344040
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58154
Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineer
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Location: Stratford-upon-avon (Flexible working)
Engine, Propulsion, VCS, Vessel Control Systems, ECU, Electrical, Electronics, Telematics, Design, Development, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Integration, Performance, Marinization
Do you want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems for vehicle applications predominately within the maritime industry, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineer to help integrate their VCR product and systems into client vessels from concept through to production across their UK & European sites following a significant recent investment in the business.
The role of Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineer will be to lead the development and integration of controls and electrical systems, ECU development and the use of telemetry within maritime applications overseeing all design, development and project work. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will need to have experience of working with suppliers to develop electrical and controls systems used for managing vessel performance, especially within propulsion being responsible for the delivery of all projects including new platforms and support for existing powertrain systems.
As a Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineer (Marine) for both products and systems from concept to production, your main responsibilities will include;
- Successfully lead the development of VCS / Telematics solution and ensure a production ready, reliable system is delivered and integrated into the outboard development programme.
- Define product requirements considering the competitor landscape and target customer requirements.
- Manage the business case and ensure the final product is the right balance of quality, functionality and profitability.
- Manage the VCS programme to budget in terms of development costs, prototype costs and production pricing.
- Manage the development and validation timing to align with the overall outboard programme.
- Drive decisions for the best possible end user experience (perceived quality, touch, feel and aesthetics).
- Proactively manage selected development partners to carry out the engineering and validation activities to meet the targets set.
- Work with other members of the organisation and key suppliers to develop and implement product interfaces.
- Oversee the VCS product supply chain development to ensure all elements of the system are validated and ready for production.
- Define the strategies for VCS and telematics delivery to ensure we go to market with a fully working, reliable solution that meets our end customer and business requirements.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such the Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineer (Marine) will possess:
- Experience of developing electronic control systems in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing similar development programmes, including proactively managing external supplier resource.
- Specific experience of developing Marine Vessel Control Systems will be highly valued.
- Ideally, experience of implementing telematics or Internet of Things (IoT) type solutions.
- Ideally has also worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) and is able to demonstrate the ability to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and personally get things done as part of a small team.
If this is of interest please send me your latest CV and mobile number. My contact details are - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07947 344040
We also have a £300 referral reward scheme for successfully placed engineers. Please send me any colleagues or friends who you think might be suitable.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.