£24 per hour
Electrical/Electronic/ADAS Engineer (Market Quality Engineer - JP00000327)
£24 per hour PAYE (Inside IR35)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Carry out successful diagnosis of vehicles in the field through practical examination/experiment
- Creation of clear, detailed reports as a result of investigations so R&D function can then act upon the findings (5 day max lead time)
- Creation and maintenance of FTA, Warranty analysis to aid the planning of vehicle test/investigation
- This role is for an engineer whose primary purpose is to go into the field internationally and investigate customer vehicles with concerns related to Electrical/Electronic/ADAS areas.
- They need to already have and develop personal proficiency in the use of diagnostic tools and software systems for the investigation of vehicle electrical concerns.
- This includes: Expert use of Vector CANalyzer, CANape,CANoe, data logging devices.
- Regularly attend new vehicle launch Task Force meetings to support investigation of new model market concerns and identify root cause to enable urgent resolution and countermeasure during task force period.
- These activities will be planned, led and carried out by Market Quality Engineer. Collaboration with the appropriate Design and Test sections is available within R&D function as required for support.
- Responsible for arranging investigation, test equipment, test procedures and necessary design information for effective investigation work.
- To then clarify root cause of specific concerns (where possible) and clarifying concern conditions and customer expectations.
- Responsible for timely issue of Quick Report detailing the results and conclusions of field investigations.
- Support Ad-Hoc in house quality related activities in times of high workload/urgent situations (development testing, warranty data analysis etc)
Qualifications, skills training requirements
- Working Experience in OEM electrical/ADAS design and/or test section
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic tools and software (CANalyzer, CANape,CANoe, data logging)
- Electrical trouble shooting experience and problem solving skill
- Strong data analysis skills
- Working experience of quality tools such as FTA/KT to aid in problem definition/resolution before investigation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be self-managed when in the field
- HND or Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent).
There is an assumption that the individual will have:
Willingness to travel. The MQE role is intended to be frequently mobile - travelling nationally / internationally to help establish root cause of concerns on customer vehicles - flexibility at short notice (2-4 days) is required.
During movement restrictions (due to COVID) etc. this will be limited, but once these ease, the expectation will be this role is actively travelling on a regular basis.
Proficient use of Microsoft office tools for report creation.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.