Electrical Site Engineer
Our customer is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors.
The purpose of the role is to control the Site Electrical Systems to ensure continued uninterrupted site operations. Also ensure compliance with national and company code requirements related to site electrical systems.
Duties of the Electrical Site Engineer:
- Controlling the main power systems that supply site manufacturing, buildings and offices as well as the distribution circuits to each area.
- Manage site high voltage and low voltage network capacity and maintenance thereof.
- Responsibility for making sure that every electrical device or circuit installed meets the national electric codes and business standards.
- Schedule and execute electrical supply equipment maintenance strategies (predictive and preventative).
- Responsible for evaluating and authorising maintenance and contractors onsite.
- Act as the site authorised person for the management of electrical equipment in flammable areas.
Skills and experience required for the Electrical Site Engineer role:
- Ideally a relevant Degree qualification or HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant electrical engineering experience in operations and maintenance of large industrial plants.
- Expert knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations (EAWR 1989) and Health & Safety at Work Act (HASAWA 1974).
- Demonstrated experience of ATEX requirements.
- Rockwell PLC knowledge required.
- Experience of industry standard risk assessment techniques such as HAZOP.
What you will get for the Electrical Site Engineer role:
- Excellent salary and attractive benefits package.
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Professional and friendly working environment.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application first hand, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281