Chichester, West Sussex
almost 2 years ago
An Electrical Project Engineer is required to work for a manufacturing client based in Chichester. Excellent rate of pay ££££.
The Electrical Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of all Electrical component development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
The Electrical Project Engineer position is responsible for project planning of all electrical engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
Key accountabilities include:
To manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, CoC Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
* A number of years' experience in an Automotive Engineering Electrical development environment
* Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for electrical components with the ability to select appropriate wiring concepts, processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
* Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements
* Experience in automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
* CAD (Catia V5) competence required.
* Ability to create wiring/pinning diagrams for vehicle harnesses with interfaces to CAN/LIN bus systems
* Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems
* A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
* Able to demonstrate the ability to meet the highest of automotive standards with regards to quality, robustness and the avoidance of undesirable levels of NVH.
To apply for this Electrical Project Engineer role please contact Rachel Meacham.