Electrical Project Engineer
Our customer is a leading business providing instruments and systems for powertrain and vehicle testing.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the electrical design of engine test bed solutions for major vehicle manufacture and tier one suppliers into the automotive industry.
The duties of the Electrical Project Engineer:
- Responsible for electrical design of the system schematic diagrams in ePlan P8.
- Ensure the production of specifications for electrical sub-contractors and control panel manufacturers.
- Schedule and attend meetings with customers and suppliers to determine the requirements for the design.
- Deliver a quality on-time and within budget design to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager.
- Ensure the production of engineering parts lists and input/output configuration sheets.
Experience/skills required for the Electrical Design Engineer role:
- A degree or minimum HNC/HND qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience working as a Project Engineer or Design Engineer.
- Experience working on ePlan p8 and AutoCAD design packages.
- A background working in the automotive or aligned industry.
- Experience in the integration of the new machinery directive EN ISO 3849-1
- Experience in the design of form 2 motor control centres together with knowledge of integrating automation systems into PLC/BMS would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of AC Vector Drive Systems would be an advantage.
What you will get for the Electrical Design Engineer role:
- A professional working environment with an experienced and knowledgeable team.
- Good salary and benefits.
- Good career prospects.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281