- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 01 February 2022
- Job Ref: 59467
Job title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Salary Range: Very Competitive
Hours: 39-hour week
Monday to Thursday 06.00 to 14.00, Friday 06.00 to 13.00
Monday to Thursday 13.30 to 21.30, Friday 12.30 to 19.30
Rotational Shift Pattern
Location: Tipton, West Midlands
Permanent role working for a worldwide manufacturing client.
An Electrical Maintenance Engineer is required with knowledge of fault finding and program modifications of Siemens S7 and Red Lion PLCs.
Candidates with knowledge of liquid processes, associated equipment controls and process instrumentation (e.g. valves, pumps, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, level detection sensors, emergency cut—off valves, emergency stop circuits and safety interlocks would be well received.
Due to expansion and plant investment, Tipton based client requires a dynamic, leading Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis. As an Electrical Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to:
- Provide support to the Engineering function and reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Overhaul and repair machines and equipment on site. In particular the role holder will be responsible for the maintenance of electrical installations and systems for buildings including lighting repairs, maintenance of controls, portable appliance and fixed wiring testing. As well as preventative maintenance and responding to ad hoc requests for repairs whilst on shift.
- Plan and carry out routine scheduled and preventative maintenance work
- Siemens S7 and Red Lion maintenance and testing.
- Maintain liquid processes and associated equipment controls and process instrumentation (e.g. valves, pumps, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, level detection sensors, emergency cut—off valves, emergency stop circuits, safety interlocks
- Arrange for external maintenance contractors to attend to scheduled maintenance or breakdowns as required
- Maintaining electrical systems within office accommodation, laboratories, production areas and warehousing.
- Equipment assembly and installation.
- Testing of electrical installations. Including minor alterations.
- Portable appliance and fixed wiring testing.
- Understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical drawing
- Respond with urgency to equipment faults especially where safety is an issue.
- Manage external contractors and their work and carry out quality inspections on jobs.
- Arrange procurement of fixtures, fittings, components and consumables.
- Attend out of hours call-outs.
- Check key items (e.g. pressure gauges, noise, air flow rates, gear box oil, fluid levels in compressors, steam pressure emergency stops etc
- Adhere to Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and PPE policies and procedures recognising a personal ‘Duty of Care’ to themselves, their colleagues and the wider environment.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised apprenticeship in process engineering electrical and mechanical engineering or BTEC (or equivalent) in process engineering or similar field.
- Time served or NVQ3 Qualified Electrician with Industrial Maintenance and controls experience in process engineering or similar field.
- PLC knowledge (Siemens S5/S7. Red Lion) must be competent in fault finding and making program modifications.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in liquid processes and associated equipment controls and process instrumentation (eg. Valves, pumps, pressure sensors, temperature sensors, level detection sensors, emergency cut-off valves, emergency stop circuits, safety interlocks)
- Have worked with and maintained pressure systems including compressed air, steam and bottled gases.
- Able to undertake welding, pipe fabrication and fitting and grinding.
- Able to demonstrate a solid knowledge of health and safety including COSHH, Permit to Work systems, Electricity at Work Act, Gas, LOLER, PUWER, manual handling, risk assessment, safe systems of work, working at height, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical safety / isolation procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Electrical Maintenance Engineering within a manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Tipton based manufacturer will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 39 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- Very Competitive
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
- 9% company bonus
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Electrical Maintenance within the manufacturing field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Maintenance Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.