Birmingham, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
Principal Electric Drives Engineer - Birmingham - £ 55-60k DOE
A Principal Electric Drives Engineer is required for a rapidly expanding automotive pumps company, to work in the area of advanced technology solutions for commercial electric vehicle applications.
This market-leading business is looking to recruit an experienced electric drives engineer to support current programmes and new product development.
As Principal Electric Drives Engineer - you will be required to
- Establish and lead a team specialising in the specification, design, control, development, test and benchmarking of electric machines.
- Lead the definition of system architectures and technical solutions to meet client requirements.
- Produce innovative electromagnetic, mechanical and thermal design solutions to achieve the performance requirements of the electric machines.
- Supervise build and testing of electric machines and controller hardware and software.
- Manage electric drives activities from requirements capture to product delivery.
As Principal Electric Drives Engineer - you will have
- A wide range of experience in designing, developing and controlling a variety of electric machine types, preferably gained in the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Experience of motor and control design for 12, 24 and 48V applications.
- A degree or PhD in an electric drives related field.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in an ever-expanding field.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electric Drives Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .