Electrical Machine Design Engineer - Nottingham - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
An Electrical Machine Design Engineer is required for a flourishing department at the forefront of electric and hybrid powertrain development. The successful candidate will join a rapidly expanding team designing electrical machines for ground-breaking automotive EV projects.
As Electrical Machine Design Engineer - you will be required to
- Perform electrical machine design using 2D/3D electromagnetic FE tools.
- Design for manufacture and liaise with suppliers for prototype development.
- Lead and deliver projects independently.
- Perform electrical machine fault finding and diagnostics.
- Develop cooling strategies, perform thermal analysis and NVH optimisation.
- Provide technical support on commercial proposals, supporting customer meetings and presentations.
As Electrical Machine Design Engineer - you will need
- An MSc degree or higher in an Electrical Engineering related subject.
- Significant industrial experience in designing electrical machines for automotive applications.
- Knowledge of motor manufacturing and motor integration / packaging techniques.
- Experience in using software tools such as MATLAB / Simulink and electromagnetic simulation software.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Machine Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .