Job title: Instrumentation Technician ( Manufacturing/Controls )
Salary Range - £25,000 - £45,000 p.a.
Industry - Chemical
An Instrumentation Technician is required to have controls instrumentation experience. Candidates with experience within the manufacturing industry would be well received.
Due to demand of the well-established company, a Hertfordshire based company requires an Instrumentation Technician for a permanent role. As an Instrumentation Technician, you will be required to:
- Support the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment and software
- Implement and continually review the Controls strategy to ensure business needs current and future are met
- Implement recognised standards with regards alarm management and safety related control functions so that process safety is delivered
- Support Operations and the Engineering team in fault finding and troubleshooting during breakdowns, support Root Cause Analysis investigations and to support the delivery of Plant Mods and capital projects
- Carry out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
- Take ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
The Instrumentation Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in HV Networks would be an advantage
- ECI experience in a manufacturing / chemical industry within a maintenance function
- Experience of safety related control systems and functional safety
- Some technical knowledge in Mechanical engineering would be desirable
- Resource management, in particular control of contractors
- Good Safety & environmental awareness
- Customer and performance focused
- Excellent communicator and positive can do attitude
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Controls instrumentation to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Hertfordshire based manufacturer will offer you:
- £25,000 - £45,000 p.a.
- Excellent Pension, Free lunches and many more perks
- Career development opportunities
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of manufacturing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Instrumentation Technician role, please contact Harry Corper at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268889263.