£18 - 19 per hour
Job title: Electrical Fitter (Coachbuilder)
Salary Range: £18-£19 per hour
Overtime paid at time ½
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
8am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday
8am - 3:30pm Friday
6 month rolling contract working for a leading defence manufacturer.
An electrical technician/coachbuilder is required with knowledge of electrically fitting, assembling, testing and wiring transportation equipment, appliances and apparatus. Candidates from a coachbuilding or electrical vehicle or Rail background would be well received.
Due to an ongoing prototype project this defence manufacturer based in Coventry requires an experienced, dynamic, leading electrical fitter/coachbuilder to undergo a 6-month contract role. As an electrical fitter/coachbuilder you will be required to:
- Assemble, test, maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Reading and interpreting schematic engineering drawings
- Electrically Installing new parts
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment
- Electrically Inspecting and assessing the parts for defects.
- Installing mechanical parts using hand and machine tools
- Fabricating parts for repairs and machine upgrades, if required.
- Electrical and electronics install
- Inspection and testing
- Cable pulling and looming
The electrical fitter/coachbuilder should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to Obtain and pass baseline security clearance
- Previous proven track record in the electrical fitting
- Primarily an electrical fitting background within the Rail, Truck & Bus, Automotive or Defence sector
- Understanding of electrical design.
- Must have at least 3 years previous history in a similar role
- Formal electrical qualifications ideally a minimum of level 3
- Apprentice/indentured apprentice served desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of electrical fitting/coachbuilding on trains, planes and automobiles. In return for your experience, this Coventry manufacturer will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- £18 - £19 per hour
- 37.5-hour per week
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of electrical fitting/coachbuilding, please apply now. If you have any questions about the electrical fitter/coachbuilder role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.