Permanent Field Service position - Sheffield
Salary + overtime + excellent bonus and benefits scheme.
We have an interesting opportunity for an Electrical Technician to work for a client service centre based in Sheffield. This service centre works across multiple industry sectors including FM, steel, waste to energy, rail and power.
The company is the leader in re-engineering and manufacturing coils and other electrical rotating equipment components and have a vast experience in servicing high-voltage generators and motors.
As the Electrical Technician you will be required to:
- Overhaul of all types and manufactures of Low and High Voltage AC motors and generators.
- Overhaul of all types and manufactures of DC motors and generators.
- Transformer overhauls.
- Being able to carry out acquired skill sets in an on-site situation.
- Ensure you adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks.
- Be familiar with environmental aspects of activities undertaken in the role and the procedures and processes underpinning.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy in accordance with company initiatives such as LEAN and in accordance with health and safety requirements.
Skills or experience required:
- Ideally Apprentice trained in electrical engineering or electrical machine repair and rewinds.
- Relevant experience ideally in electrical rotating and static equipment.
- Experience in dismantling, assembling and testing of AC/DC motors.
- Ideally some experience of hazardous area motors and the relevant standards.
- Some knowledge and experience in the principles of quality assurance, quality control and health & safety legislation would be ideal.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Electrical Technician or Fitter and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.