A multi-national and acclaimed company with various affiliates throughout the industry on a global scale whose purpose is to help eradicate cancer.
A leading company in the design and manufacture of medical X-Ray systems used in the treatment of cancers and dermatological disorders, as well as a pioneer in the development of advanced X-Ray systems for pre-clinical radiation research.
With manufacturing facilities both in the USA and UK, the company has operated globally through an international network of distributors for more than 25 years. Supporting the X-Ray therapy requirements of health care professionals and their patients in over clinics around the world. Our client has consistently delivered an unsurpassed level of service from initial specification and suite design, through to installation, on-going training, education and maintenance.
Due to rapid company growth in recent years, a Product Development Engineer is required to join the team at their Walsall facility.
- Designing, developing, auditing, testing and supporting electronic and electrical products for use in a medical radiation-therapy environment.
- Attention to detail, debugging skills and technical communication skills.
- Participation with the product development team to ensure the quality of released products and communication on usage and expectations.
- Contributing to design decisions as an electronics expert among the team
- Creating QMS documentation
- Compiling and maintaining design history & technical files
- Conduct and document product safety, electrical safety, EMC and other regulatory testing in conformance with industry standards
- Working with colleagues to address design, warranty and quality issues including root cause analysis
- Support of current products, fault finding and QMS modifications
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment with excellent personal skills
- Able to design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components to required specifications, applying current knowledge of electrical standards
- Experience of industry standards and compliance within X-Ray and medical sector
- Capacity to apply analytical skills to understanding process, identifying production issues, and producing documentation
- Inventive and solutions-focused problem solver
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent subject matter
- A background in electrical/electronic engineering
- Experience in selecting components and creating electrical schematics, layouts and assembly
- Design experience using Altium or similar software package
- £35,000 - £50,000/year starting salary
- Excellent company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package
- 25 days annual leave
- Progressive and expanding role in a company set-up to allow you to progress as far as your drive and skill level will allow
If you have the above listed experience in product development and feel ready to join an innovative and progressive company in this exciting and growing role then we would like to hear from you. For more information or to discuss your current circumstances and your interest in joining a leading brand within the x-ray and medical industry.
Please 'apply' now with your up to date CV or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121 for more information.