Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
A new Electrical Engineer is required within one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of products, machinery and solutions for the global food industry. We are seeking an ambitious and experienced candidate who will organise and drive the electrical activities for the UK site and manage all electrical sub-contractor activity. This role requires someone who is happy to be hands on and also capable of taking ownership of the whole electrical process. This role will be a key part in the development and growth of the engineering function of the business.
The role of Electrical Engineer will include the following:
- Manage and develop all electrical process/procedures, ensuring full compliance and industry standards at all times - highlights risks to Operations Manager and works to find solutions and best practice standards
- Provides technical input at project bidding phase including specification reviews, drawing reviews, instrumentation selection and procurement/pricing.
- Hands on Electrical work - testing, commissioning, Instrumentation, Configuration – uses knowledge and experience to satisfy industry standards and develop appropriate working practices and risk assessments
- Work in partnership with internal QHS- supports product development in accordance with the company and industry standards
- Witnesses Electrical and Instrumental configuration and set up, loop checking, troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical and software issues
- Liaises between in-house mechanical project engineers and sub-contractors
The suitable candidate for Electrical Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Electrical engineering degree/Technical Trade equivalent, experience with automation
- Proficient in use of electrical drawing and Microsoft Office packages
- Strong communication, analytical, influencing skills, - professional, confident attitude
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the food industry an advantage
- Strong customer facing personality
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of electrical engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.