£Competitive plus benefits
Basildon or Coventry
An Electrical Engineer is required to play a crucial part in the development of modern passenger car powertrain systems. Candidates with an understanding and experience in electrical system and component design and integration as well as validation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Electrical Engineer, based in either it's Basildon or Coventry office, to lead system and component level design of powertrain electrical components, specifically in battery pack development projects. As an Electrical Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead system and component level design of electrical systems and components in vehicle and powertrain applications
- Lead the preparation of electrical system requirements and specifications (fuses, contactors, busbars, isolation system, clearance and creepage etc), and cascade requirements to a component level
- Support the preparation of electrical system wiring diagrams and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs and test plans)
- Liaise with relevant teams to lead electrical design tasks (i.e. simulation, manufacturing, suppliers, testing and SW and controls teams)
- Create electrical systems and component specifications for sign-off
- Preparation of reports (verbal and written), providing robust recommendations and proposals
- Lead assessment of simulation and testing results and defining next steps
- Liaison with, and report to, multiple functional groups within the organisation
The Electrical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Understanding and experience in electrical vehicle / powertrain system and component requirements (e-machines, hybrid systems, batteries & control systems, etc)
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
- Competent presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of BMS functionality and coordinating / cascading requirements to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon and Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an, Electrical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.