Automotive Electrical Engineers - 53002
Automotive Electrical Engineers are required with troubleshooting experience within mechanical, electromechanical and software systems.
This company based in Basildon requires Electrical Engineers with experience of CAN communication data and ECU diagnostics for a new contract role.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Be a resource for feature owners and support with the framework, processes and tools for successful program delivery
- Represent feature owners and be a single point of contact between program teams, core engineers and all functional areas to create balanced solutions to competing requirements.
- Ensure Stakeholder Buy-in On The Programs
- Master Feature List Roll-up Of Feature Owner Deliverables Checklist For Program Milestone Reviews (Feature Health Assessment Checklist)
- Manage Software Feature Content Delivery Across All Features FDJ Through OKTB
- Support feature test plan creation, execution and JIRA issue management at FDJ
- Breadboard and HIL Drive cross-functional and cross-feature issue resolution and define escalation plan
- Help feature and software owners get changes identified, studied by all the right stakeholders and implemented with quality and within program cost/timing needs.
- Develop and execute a feature change management process specific to a vehicle program Develop and manage a program specific feature signoff plan for and Milestones
- Represent Feature PMT during VE and management evaluation drives to troubleshoot feature issues and identify resolution paths
- Lead Feature PMT AIMs deck and drive cross-function issue resolution
- Contribute to the development and integration of new cross-functional features at the systems engineering level
- Assist in the allocation of features and functions across electronic modules and subsystems to meet cost, quality and feature performance targets.
The Electrical Engineers should have the following skills or experience:
- Develop high-level network, wiring, and power distribution topologies/schematics/block diagrams.
- Contribute to the development of feature specifications, feature Failure Mode Avoidance documentation, feature verification plan, etc.
- Support / Drive cross-functional and cross-feature issue resolution and define escalation plan
- Root cause, analyse issues related to Software, Electrical HW and Mechanical HW
- Analyse vehicle CAN communication data and ECU diagnostics
- Lead VOCF feature evaluation, troubleshooting and issue resolution through the launch phase
- Electrical / Software / Systems Engineering Engineers / Connectivity and Designer
- BSME or BSEE experience with automotive systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Troubleshooting experience with mechanical, electromechanical and software systems
- Good team work skills and practices
- Ability to manage/resolve urgent launch concerns
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering disciplines for failure mode avoidance
- Experience with CAN communication data and ECU diagnostics
- Demonstrated ability to write presentations and communicate well with various groups
- Strong leadership skills, passion for quality, passion to improve customer satisfaction
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of design and release functions to develop your career.
If you have any questions about the Electrical Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.