Good salary + bonus + shift allowance + benefits
about 2 months ago
Maintenance Engineer - Electrical
Permanent shift work position - Leicester
Composite Materials Manufacturing
Salary negotiable + bonus + shift allowance + excellent benefits.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical Engineering and Maintenance background.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical background on a permanent staff basis.
As the Maintenance Engineer - Electrical, you will be required to:
- Site electrical duty holder
- Assisting with fault finding and repair implementing root cause corrective actions.
- Understanding machine electrical drawings, user manuals and machine schematics.
- Developing and carrying out electrically and mechanically biased TPM schedules.
- Contact with suppliers and OEM to develop machine improvements/spare parts enhancements/reverse engineering projects.
- It is expected that the post holder be flexible to meet the company's needs; this may require overtime at short notice, call out or shift swapping.
- Maintain daily maintenance logs detailing work completed.
- Reports to be supplied to the Maintenance manager daily and send out shift reports to internal departments.
- Training of production personnel to further improve their skill levels of basic machine maintenance and machine set-up procedures.
- Must be able to pro-actively manage workload to minimize impact on production schedules.
- Work with minimal supervision - the post holder is expected to be fully conversant with all aspects of maintenance and safety procedures.
- Make autonomous decisions on urgent breakdowns where external assistance is required and coordinate these out of business hour events e.g. fire systems, alarm systems, plant services and urgent facility events.
- Additional training will be provided on ATEX component maintenance.
The Maintenance Engineer - Electrical should have the following skills or experience:
- ***This is a shift work position including nights, earlies and lates.***
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electro-technical Services (Electrical Maintenance) or equivalent along with BS7671 18th Edition or at least the 17th Edition with a view to updating to the 18th Edition.
- Good level of MS Office experience.
- Suitable experience as an electrical biased maintenance engineer in an industrial environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations. IOSH qualification desirable.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and suitably qualified Maintenance Engineer.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Maintenance Engineer - Electrical and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.