With over 200 years of rich heritage, this specialist company has always been associated with trust and honesty. They have worked hard to understand the changing nature of markets and customer needs in line with the ever-changing world around us. They have a reputation for constantly evolving to deliver exactly what the customer wants with visionary performance been one of industry firsts, technical advances and design triumphs.
An international, Fortune 200 business with a great world-wide reputation and a brand name known and trusted throughout the globe. No-one else has a history of making such a wide range of quality, innovative products with a continually changing focus to match requirements.
"Think of any food or ingredients that need to be weighed, and we weigh them!"
An opportunity has arisen at the company HQ, based in Birmingham for an experienced Electronics Engineer to form part of a product development team designing and supporting the production implementation of electronic retail scales and other associated equipment. The selected candidate will report to the Electrical/Mechanical Design Manager.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of this development team, responsible for developing the hardware concept through to the detail circuit design, PCB layout and system electrical test and development.
- Development of concepts in collaboration with sales prior to the issue of any official commercial specification.
- Developing from these concepts a product hardware architecture.
- Component selection, circuit design/capture and layout (ideally using ECAD - Altium).
- Ensure compliance with product electrical safety review to EN60950 and other applicable international standards.
- Design and development/test for EMC/RFI.
- Partnering with manufacturing, vendors and suppliers to develop components for prototype devices or systems, meeting cost targets for the project.
- Liaison with manufacturers & suppliers.
- Creation of robust hardware test plans.
- Hardware documentation/release/maintenance (i.e. BOMs, drawings and specifications) using company PDM system.
- Product test and development.
- Troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of engineering project issues.
- Electrical/electronic prototyping.
- Periodic review of hardware-based procedures.
- Provision of existing product line support.
- Bachelor's degree or HND level in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Time-served experience with digital electronic circuit design and development.
- Experience in the use of a PCB CAD package.
- Experience in design and development/test for EMC/RFI.
- Proficient in computer-related software packages and additional technologies required to move engineering projects forward.
- Build relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, consultative skills and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to design projects on time within cost targets.
- Proven ability to design product for global customers and global regulatory codes experience
- Circa £50,000/year salary (regular pay progression available)
- Excellent company pension contribution
- Group benefits package
- Full autonomy in role once trained as part of a friendly, dynamic and collaborative team
- Opportunity to grow team and the company's product offering around you over time
We are looking for the person who can escalate our game, and who seeks a challenging, empowering engineering environment from which to grow.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
You will work in a team-oriented office engineering environment. Some travel may be required.
This Electrical/Electronics Engineer job opportunity presents as an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional who is looking for an new challenge with their career. You will have the opportunity to develop stimulating and challenging products which serves thousands of people each and every day within a highly reputable service and manufacturing brand. If this opportunity may be of interest to you then please 'apply' now or for more information contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.