Electrical Design Engineer
£35.00 - £45.00 P/H
3 - 6 Months Contract
EE, Design, Harness, EDS, CANalyser, CANoe, Electrical circuit's, schematics
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer seeking a contract opportunity with a forward thinking, innovative organisation in the design, development and build of a new vehicle and associated technology. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be charge with the design of complex components and systems to support vehicle development.
As an Electrical Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities:
- Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits.
- High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical/electronic components and systems.
- Physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the vehicle.
- Regular liaison with manufacturing departments and worldwide suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and systems.
Essential skill requirements:
- Hold a BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic engineering or have an HND level qualification and proven relevant experience.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a flexible working approach and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Desirable skill requirements:
- Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
- Previous experience in an automotive design environment.
- Experience with MATLAB / FAMOS or other data analysis packages.
- Working knowledge of C.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of EE, EDS and/or Harness Design, Electrical Schematics and 2D/3D CAD and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email