Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer (CHP)
Salary: £40,000 p/a + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for our client for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to work at their site in Horsham on a wide range of CHP units.
Our clients CHP utilise a range of gas engines to drive an alternator to produce electricity for their customer's electrical demand and capture the engines waste heat via heat exchangers to provide a free source of energy to the clients heating demand.
The Combined Heat & Power units (CHP) are remotely monitored by their head office 24x7x365 without any client involvement.
These unit supply a wide range of Hotels, Supermarkets, Hospitals, Leisure Centres, and Shopping Arcades, Large Office complexes to Industrial sites, being housed with their boiler plant or housed in containers adjacent to buildings.
About the Role:
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our clients friendly CHP Team, based in Horsham.
- Suitable candidate will be expected to work within a small team of Electrical and Mechanicals Engineers covering a varied range of Turn Key and Supply and Commission Projects from 70kW up to +4MW in electrical generation.
- Required to produce electrical engineering design packages to enable successful installation, commissioning, operation and servicing of Combined Heat and Power units alongside providing input and support throughout the full life cycle of a project from Sales to Service.
- This opportunity will be mainly based at our Head Office in Horsham, West Sussex, however UK travel and overnight stays will be needed as and when required.
- Adhere to department systems and procedures.
- To produce project specific electrical designs in relation to power generation and industrial installations, inclusive of earthing systems, transformer specification and protection systems. This is to include production of appropriate drawings.
- Translate and develop conceptual designs into turnkey projects to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders.
- Producing specifications, calculations and undertaking component selection.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided to meet the project timescales and necessary quality standards.
- Working in the Design Team to provide both consultative design support and converting the final design into installation project work.
- To produce project specific installation specifications in order to obtain competitive installation quotations from local electrical contractors.
- Liaise with the Mechanical Design Engineers in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- To support Project Managers as and when required during installation phase through to commissioning and testing.
- Support and assist in the sales stage of a project taking responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided in accordance with required timescales and quality standards.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.