Position - Electrical Design Engineer (Hardware Design, LV industrial cabinets)
Location - Worcester, Birmingham & Redditch
Salary - £28,000 - £37,000 + overtime - (realistic earning potential £40k - £45k)
- Electrical design, development, commissioning and support activities on highly complex machine tool/automation projects.
- Hardware design of LV industrial Cabinets
- Primarily using electrical design skills, working as part of a cross functional team of electrical, mechanical and software engineers to develop innovative solutions for both large capital equipment and smaller continuous improvement projects.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Design, development and commissioning of electrical designs for CNC/PLC-controlled machine tools/automation projects and associated products
- Evaluation and enhancement of existing designs
- Preparation of hardware specifications, test procedures and manuals
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors
- Commissioning of electrical systems and servo drive systems
- Technical support in the UK and abroad
- HNC/HND/degree qualification in electrical engineering or relevant industry experience working in the field of industrial automation or machine control systems
- Highly competent in design and commissioning of electrical low voltage power circuits, NC/PLC control interfaces and industrial bus systems.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards is essential.
- Self-motivation, strong communication skills and a high level of individual initiative will be required for this role.
To apply for the Electrical Design Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.