£35 per hour
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary Range: £35 per hour outside IR35
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
4-6 month rolling contract working for a leading engine manufacturer for the Automotive, Aerospace and Marine industry.
An Electrical Design Engineer is required with knowledge of Solidworks, Autocad electrical and experience with NPI.
Candidates with knowledge and Fluent in Auto-CAD Electrical or Solidworks Electrical along with PLM software Windchill, understanding of hydraulic & pneumatic systems to aid with fault finding and ability to make process & productivity improvements would be well received.
Due to expansion this Grantham based client requires a dynamic, leading Electrical Design Engineer on a 4 - 6 month rolling contract basis to add to a team. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Designing and re-engineering with final assembly electrics
- Using Solidworks on ideally fixturing or test rigs
- Provide technical support to the production departments on electrical systems
- 50% office and 50% liaising within production and design
- Electrical validation of new option design
- Preparing modification requests for the design changes
- The specification, design & commissioning of test rigs
- Preparation of electrical assembly process documents & check sheets
- Identifying risks and implementing safety improvements
- Technical support to the Service & QA departments, requiring occasional field trips
The Electrical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Electrical Apprenticeship Trained (Technician Level)
- ONC or HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Graduate Engineers Considered.
- Self-motivation & good time management
- Good communication skills
- A sound grasp of electrical engineering principles
- Ability to read & interpret electrical circuit drawings
- Project planning & project management
- Knowledge of electrical inspection & test methods
- Understanding of hydraulic & pneumatic systems to aid with fault finding
- An ability to make process & productivity improvements
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Electrical engineering within a manufacturing company for NPI and current production. In return for your experience, this Grantham based manufacturer will offer you:
- 4- 6 month rolling contract
- £35 per hour outside IR35
- 37.5 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Electrical Design engineering within the manufacturing field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.