£25.60 - 25.60 per hour
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary Range: £25.60 per hour (Inside IR35 - Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Thursday onsite
Location: Belfast, N Ireland
12 month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
An Electrical Design Engineer is required with experience and knowledge of designing and defining processes, NPIs, concept and design of electrical engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, best cost, durability, quality and serviceability.
Candidates with experience and knowledge of ePlan, electrical installation standards, industrial controls, MCCs and switchboards will be well received.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Larne, Belfast is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to work within the electric power engineering team. The Electrical Design Engine er is to undergo a 12month contract role. As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Interpretation of consultant drawings & specifications.
- Development of new products and components.
- Prepare submittal documentation for projects and meet with customers to discuss project requirements and review submittals.
- Design of controls and protection for generators, motors and related equipment.
- Specification and requisition of components and services.
- Create bill of materials.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Sales Departments.
- Receives general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details. Plan and execute as needed to accomplish assigned individual tasks to meet expectations (cost, quality, delivery). Assumes responsibility of all assigned work.
- Work as a member of a project team, maintain project schedule, attend project meetings, and keep electrical manager informed of status, and complete required project metrics and design documentation.
- Assist with product testing and/or evaluation when appropriate.
- Remain current in technology developments and industry standards.
- Assist with the development and updating of procedures, design guides and instruction manuals.
The Electrical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A Degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline and 4 years relevant experience,
- (Lower academic qualifications may be considered if extensive experience in a relevant product development role, e.g. design, test, commissioning, etc can be demonstrated).
- Experience of product development with a sound technical background and a good knowledge of current engineering design practice.
- Experience in the use of ePlan, AutoCad, or similar design packages.
- Knowledge of electrical installation standards, industrial controls, MCCs and switchboards is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with an Electrical Design background. In return for your experience, this Belfast based manufacturer will offer you:
- 12-month contract position
- £25.60 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week over 4 days
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in electrical design engineering within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineers role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
An Electrical Design Engineer is required with experience and knowledge of designing and defining processes, NPIs, concept and design of electrical engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, best cost, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.