Job title: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Worcester, Worcestershire
Permanent role working for a worldwide advanced technology solutions manufacturing organisation.
An Electrical Design Engineer is required with knowledge of NPI and retrofit electrical design for special purpose build machines.
Candidates with knowledge and Fluent in Auto-CAD Electrical or ideally Zuken E3 along with PLM software (Windchill, Enovia, Autodesk Vault) circuits and safety interlocks would be well received.
Due to expansion with the design team this Worcester based client requires a dynamic, leading Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to add to a team of 6.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Design and development of new and prototype special purchase built machines, tool products and accessories.
- Design of special units to suit customers specific requirements
- Design and detailing of Electrical Components and units
- Preparation of Electrical schematic circuits, control panel layout and cable assemblies
- Electrical calculations and cost analysis
- Modification of existing designs to improve function, solve problems or reduce cost.
- A basic understanding of Mechanical engineering.
- Preparation of technical documentation (Parts lists, assembly instructions, machine manuals and CE technical files and risk assessments)
The Electrical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Fluent in Auto-CAD Electrical or ideally Zuken E3)
- Experience of PLM software (Windchill, Enovia, Autodesk Vault)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Meticulous and highly conscientious.
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Methodical and systematic with good problem solving skills
- Good team player
- Able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Electrical Design within a manufacturing company for NPI and current production. In return for your experience, this Worcester based manufacturer will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- Very Competitive Salary plus overtim
- Pension (8% company contribution
- Health insurance
- x4 salary life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Electrical Design within the manufacturing field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.