£35k - 50k per year + benefits
9 months ago
Due to continued growth this provider of electrical & process control services to industrial, commercial and agricultural industries is looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Design Engineer.
Salary: Circa £35 - £50,000 plus benefits
Suitable for: Electrical Design Engineer, Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, PLC Programmer, Project Manager
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will take the design concept from the initial user required specification and produce electrical documentation for control panel systems, instrumentation and electrical installation. To see the project through to in house testing and verification.
- To produce all design documentation for assigned project in accordance with customer requirements including customer design specifications, IO schedules & electrical drawings. To cover electrical, instrumentation and control.
- To produce a Functional Design Specification (FDS) from the User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Design of control systems in accordance with approved design documents using a formal structured approach.
- Design of machinery safety systems.
- To aid project management of each assigned job – to organise labour, organise materials and sign off keeping within the specified time frame.
- To program PLC & HMI systems in accordance with approved design documents using a formal structured approach.
- To fully document any design / spec modifications.
- To manage technical documentation and production of O&M manuals.
- Liaise with customer’s representatives and attend technical meetings as required.
- To assist Project Manager with project resource, schedule, costs and administrative tasks.
Background and experience:
- Electrical Competency Qualification
- 18th Edition BS7671
- ATEX Design BSEN 60079
- JiB CSCS Card (Gold Card)
- 4 years plus design experience on electrical installation and instrumentation/control systems
- Design of Control Systems, PLCs, Instrumentation & Controls
- Dealing with client face to face
- CAD based drawing package (ideally EPlan)
- Instrumentation BS7671
- Design Experience
- Other design specs, standards etc
- Control & Instrumentation
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Electrical Design Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.