£25k - 45k per year
5 months ago
Job title: Electrical Design Engineer
Salary Range - £25,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
An Electrical Design Engineer is required for an established machine automation manufacturer. The purpose of this role is to design electrical control systems, panel layouts, cabinets and producing electrical documentation / manuals ensuring that high quality, accurate, innovative and cost-effective designs are produced on time to support project delivery
As an Electrical Design Engineer, your daily duties will be:
- Make optimum choice of electrical components.
- Produce accurate, clear and well-defined drawings to CME’s internal standard.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills and creative approach for new ideas.
- Support projects, deliver on time and within budget.
- Interface with outside suppliers to ensure best results and maintain good commercial awareness.
- Develop and maintain appropriate in house product knowledge base.
- Present design plans and data for technical reviews.
- Adopt Value Engineering principles, ensure that products are fit for purpose and improve the cost-effectiveness, quality and time required.
- Support Sales by providing design concepts for bespoke machinery and estimates of time and costs for the design element of potential new projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current state-of-the-art and trends for the future in packaging machinery.
- Produce customer setting manuals in line with the CME standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to for a new position working as an Electrical Design Engineer. To be successful you will have previous experience of:
- A proven record of success as a Design Engineer preferably in a related industry.
- Specialist technical knowledge – packaging machines, special-purpose machines, design (including calculations).
- Good team working skills.
- Good working knowledge of Value Engineering and continuous improvement/Lean and estimating skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- High competence in AutoCAD Electrical, Word and Excel.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineer position, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.