Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
An Electrical Design Engineer is required to provide support in designing and building robotic systems. This will involve departmental and cross functional teams focused on the delivery of new and existing products and custom machines.
As an Electrical Design Engineer your daily responsibilities will be;
- Designing, specifying, analysing and implementation of machine safety systems.
- Producing electrical control system designs for a variety of projects including special purpose machinery and robotic systems.
- Understanding project requirements and producing schematic diagrams, hook-up diagrams and build instructions using CAD for Production.
- Estimating material and manufacturing costs including creation of BOM's.
- Adhering to project timelines.
- Working with the internal purchasing department and external suppliers to ensure procurement of critical components.
- Contribute to risk assessment and good safety practices by maintaining an awareness of activities and reporting on potential areas of risk.
- Carry out feasibility studies for new products and technical innovations.
- Assisting in coordinating other technical team resources.
- Creation of testing, installation and commissioning procedures and analysing data.
The Electrical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Dedicated professional with Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree (Bachelors/Masters preferred or equivalent considered) with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Have a solid awareness and understanding of relevant British, European and International standards and understand the implications on design.
- Experience in designing systems around industrial and collaborative robots.
- Working knowledge of different communication protocols including TCP/IP, RS232 and Fieldbus systems.
- Electronic circuit design and analysis.
- Experience in implementing common industrial control techniques including PLC's, sensors, distributed IO, servo control and some pneumatic experience.
- Design software user: SolidWorks electrical preferred.
- Hands on working experience on the shop floor/field to support the manufacturing team & R&D activities.
- Has a complete and thorough knowledge of the discipline and frequently contributes to the development of new concepts, theories and principles.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to for a new position working as an Electrical Design Engineer, in return you will be offered:
- Competitive salary
- In-house training to develop your knowledge
- Opportunity to work in Project Management
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Design Engineer role, please contact Ed Burch at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 129.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.