Design Engineer - Electrical
Our customer is a leading business providing instruments and systems for powertrain and vehicle testing.
The purpose of the role is to develop and support product design, system integration and test facility design to work on calculations, production drawings and graphical representations of installations.
What you will do as the Design Engineer:
- Responsible for the definition of processes to be used by the electrical engineering department and processes where interactions with other departments are required - build, installation, purchase and commissioning.
- ePLAN platform and process documentation management (macros, forms, templates, schemes and parts template).
- Development of processes in scripting - API for ePLAN in MS Visual Studio.
- Ensure that processes are implemented in the best and most efficient way to maximise productivity, reduce time spending and minimise errors.
- Installation of new/reviewed processes on all machines in the department.
What you will need for the Design Engineer role:
- Experience in the operation of at least one area of engine or vehicle test technology.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, ePLAN and ideally BS EN 60204-1
- Knowledge of the integration of new machinery directive EN ISO 13849-1
- Knowledge of AC Vector Drive Systems
- Experience in working with IEE requirements for electrical installations BS 7671 2008 17th edition would be an advantage.
- A background knowledge of integrating automation systems into facility PLC/BMS.
- Committed to delivering a professional customer service along with quality and the environment.
What you will get for the Design Engineer role:
- A professional working environment with an experienced and knowledgeable team.
- Good salary and benefits.
- Good career prospects.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281