Electrical Component Engineer
An Electrical Component Engineer with a good understanding and experience in electrical vehicle / powertrain system and component requirements is required to work for our client a powertrain engineering consultancy, based on site at their client in Peterborough.
The electrical component engineer will support system & component level design and validation of vehicle and powertrain electrical components. This includes the system and functional integration of electrical components within vehicle and powertrain projects.
The chosen candidate will have a good understanding and experience in electrical system and component design as well as integration and validation. They will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Due to increased workloads this company, the Electrical Component Engineers responsibilities will include:
- Support system and component level design and validation of electrical systems and components in vehicle and powertrain applications
- Support the preparation of electrical system requirements and specifications and requirements decomposition to component level
- Support the preparation of electrical system and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs)
- Liaise with relevant teams to support electrical design tasks (i.e. simulation manufacturing, suppliers and SW & controls teams)
- Create electrical systems and component drawings
- Support the development of test plans both on a system and component level
- Support supplier selection process
- Support assessment of simulation and testing results and defining next steps
The Electrical Component Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Control Engineering or similar
- Good understanding and experience in electrical vehicle/powertrain system and component requirements
- Good experience in systems engineering and system/component delivery
- CAD modelling and drawing capable
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
- Excellent written and oral English
- Strong presentation skills
- Driving license
- Willingness to travel
- Ideally a member of relevant professional institute (eg IET) and chartered
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in electrical vehicle / powertrain system to develop their career. In return for your experience, this powertrain engineering consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Electrical Component Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.