The Driver Information (DI) section of Electrical Engineering is responsible for a multitude of customer facing technologies such as Displays, Instrument Clusters and Head-up Displays.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of electromechanical hardware for legacy implementations of said commodities.
- Operating in a cross-functional organisation, youll report into the relevant Group Leaders and Lead Engineers and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables.
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- Previous experience delivering electronic automotive commodities
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
- A sound knowledge of mechanical design
- Strong mechanical interface design knowledge including GAP control plans
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Supplier/project management
- Understanding of fundamental automotive electronic design principals
- Ability to consistently/robustly deliver to key project timing milesetones