Electrical CAD Technician
FMCG Equipment Manufacturer
£30,000 - £35,000, pension
This well established and well-regarded business is a specialist manufacturer of equipment that is used in several industries, including FMCG and food production.
The main aspect of the role be producing electrical schematics on a CAD software package, for a wide range of equipment used in the Food and Pharmaceutical sectors. You will work in the Controls Engineering department, but will be expected to make decisions regarding relevant specifications, codes, standards and procedures. As CAD Technician you will also have a methodical mindset to organise and maintain revisions of all documentation for traceability.
Duties/Responsibilities of CAD Technician
- Designing and developing schematic drawings on a CAD software package
- Maintain a record of all documents produced in accordance with the Company Quality Management System
- Liaise with Controls Engineer to ensure all details comply with design specifications
- Produce accompanying Bills of Materials
- CAD electrical software use (Solidworks Electrical preferred but not essential)
- Designing and developing control for Electrical/Hydraulic systems
- Previous documentation experience
- Prior working in a busy manufacturing environment
- Personal Qualifications/Attributes
BTEC ONC/HNC in electrical/electronic discipline (Could suit an experienced Panel Wirer)
As CAD Technician, you will have excellent communication skills, will be Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
This is an excellent, varied role within a stable business that is constantly innovating its product range. If you would like more information, please apply.