The purpose of this role is to leading the verification and testing as well as supporting the design, development and introduction of software and functionality (software is sourced from the first tier supplier) for brake control systems, including a joint venture project that will realise the first self-driving vehicle with a Jaguar badge.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, This role will support a technical leader and will report directly into the Technical Specialist. The role requires the individual to lead the technical verification activities in close co-operation with the partner, supplier and system interfaces, also to ensure that JLR takes the maximum amount of knowledge and learning out of each project that is undertaken.
- Experience of processes including WERS releasing, AIM, APQP, FMEA, RMDV
- Ability to operate CAN tools to interrogate vehicle networks, read logs and use the data to confirm functionality or solve problems Knowledge of functional safety, ISO 26262.
- Experience of ADAS features and functions
- Recognised advanced driver training qualifications.
- Understanding of software development processes and software authoring in an automotive context. Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence.
- Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like
- Ability to plan in detail software delivery and testing and to verify Brake Control system functionality to ensure that the Brake Control system delivered by the supplier will meet requirements
- Ability to manage the workload contribution from the partner, supplier and the supporting team members