Burton upon Trent
£37,718 - 42,000 per year + Paid Overtime
about 1 month ago
Job title: Electrical Automation Maintenance Engineer
Salary Range: £37,718 per annum basic plus £4,000 shift allowance
Hours: Continental shift pattern (06:00-18:00/18:00-06:00)
Location: Burton on Trent
Permanent role working for a leading warehouse automation solutions specialist.
An Electrical Automation Maintenance Engineer is required with knowledge of carrying out breakdown and PPM of automation equipment whilst being customer faced providing an onsite first class service within the automation field.
Candidates with knowledge of electrically maintaining automated warehouse systems would be well received.
Due to worldwide ongoing new projects this client based in Burton requires a dynamic, leading electrical automation maintenance engineer to work a continental shift pattern on a permanent basis. As a electrical automation maintenance engineer, you will be required to:
- To support the electrical automation Engineering Team Leader in their duties in providing a highly available automation system
- In conjunction with the client UK technicians, provide a first class site response to the customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy.
- Involvement in Daily Review Meetings as and when required, both with the customers and company, providing detailed information as required.
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support. On all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable the company to provide a first class service.
- Provide performance in terms of supporting maintenance activities on site, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- To provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed system.
- To work within a team of site technicians and third party repair companies on their activities on site.
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required
- Carry out PPM of automation equipment to the required standard
- Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift which may have or had an effect on the performance of the site equipment and / or the maintenance department
- Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritized correctly
- Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
The Electrical Automation Maintenance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- NVQ/BTEC Level 3 In an Electrical discipline
- NVQ Level2 in a Mechanical discipline
- Advance Full apprenticeship
- 3 years' experience in logistics automation
- Electrical/Mechanical maintenance and inspection.
- 3 phase, Single Phase, 24/48V DC knowledge.
- Electrical Drawing navigation
- Computer Literate (particularly MS Excel)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of electrically maintaining automated warehouse and distribution systems. In return for your experience, this Burton on Trent based automation business will offer you:
- Permanent position
- £37,718 per annum basic plus £4,000 shift allowance
- Continental shift pattern (06:00-18:00/18:00-06:00)
- Great benefits package
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of electrically maintaining automated warehouse and distribution systems and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Electrical Automation Maintenance Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.