Due to continued growth this premier manufacturing facility based in Runcorn are seeking a talented and dedicated Electrical Automation Engineer to support this growthm deliver innovative new projects and support improvement in the existing asset base
Salary: Circa £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits including car, pension, bonus, healthcare, childcare & parking
Suitable for: Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, PLC Programmer, PLC Software Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Reporting in to the Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- To provide high-level specialist automation, electrical, control, instrumentation and drive system support to the manufacturing operation.
- To deliver training and share knowledge of automation systems with the wider site Electrical team to improve their knowledge, skill and capability.
- Undertake deep-dive diagnosis of process automation problems, undertake root cause analysis and develop hard solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- To project manage small project work on-site including supervision of contractors and in-house staff, commissioning, debugging and snagging of equipment to drive cutting edge performance levels of OEE: Availability, Quality and Performance.
Background and experience:
- The candidate must be trained to programmer level on at least one of Siemens S7, Beckhoff TwinCat or Schneider PL7 PLCs, as well as having specialist knowledge of 6-axis robots, Bosch Rexroth servo drives and Schneider Altivar inverters
- Programming experience on 6 axis robots, ideally Yaskawa Motorman or Fanuc.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in Electrical Engineering with [or working towards] HND/Degree in an Engineering discipline desirable. Company support degree study.
- Knowledge of current technical and legislative requirements especially the Engineering standards associated with European machinery safety and CE marking regulations BS EN 60204-1 Safety of Machinery, EN ISO 13849-1 Safety of machinery
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety desirable
- Ability to develop detailed electrical design drawings, PLC programs and operational documentation
- Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurately schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
- Ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous situations
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Electrical Automation Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.