£39000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Location: Gaydon based
Salary circa:: £45k.
Our client is a Warwickshire-based Luxury perfomance car OEM
Deliver Electrical and Electronics application commodities and represent platform commodities in the programme team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Define the Electrical & Electronics Function's change content in response to the Strategic Evaluation Letter. Work with Product Cost Estimating to set commodity Financial targets based on defined archetypes & strategic suppliers.
- Support Programme Manager and Concept Leader to balance performance and cost targets.
- Define programme's Electrical & Electronics engineering resource requirements (internal and external).
- Work with Concept Leader to ensure that platform commodities and functional archetypes are applied, and that Function commodities integrate effectively with other commodities to achieve overall vehicle targets.
- Use external engineering partners as required to deliver non-platform commodities in line with the functional archetypes and engineering guidelines, using Electrical & Electronics Performance Engineers to ensure system level targets are achieved.
- Ensure platform commodities are delivered (by platform engineers) to achieve the programme's cascaded system level targets.
- Co-located with Programme Manager, collaborates with cross-functional programme team including application engineers from other Functions, Vehicle Performance & Concept, Purchasing, Manufacturing & Quality to deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
- Plan Electrical & Electronics Function programme delivery to achieve the VPP.
- Ensure that platform engineers & external engineering partners achieve the plan (with their component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing application components & driving ETRS for platform components.
- Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme
- Creates & manage the Function's virtual & physical DV plan.
- Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Ensure that all concerns are robustly resolved. First port of call for build issues. Includes resolving concerns on application components & driving concern resolution for platform components.
- Complete FESO documentation for application commodities, drive completion for platform commodities.
- Guarantees the functional & technical delivery of the system to the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Proven management of outsourced projects
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Confident presenter
- Excellent financial management skills
- Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
- Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly
- Able to set and deliver targets
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Resilient and driven to succeed; goal orientated
- Strong technical focus, high quality mind-set.
- Clean driving license
- Travel may be required, UK & overseas.
- Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
- Experience of more than one of the following commodities is preferred: infotainment, audio, cluster & displays, tracker & e-call, antennas, switchgear, lighting, camera & PDCs, body electronics, power management, EDS
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
- Microsoft project experience is desirable