Electrical and Instrument Technician
Food Manufacturing Operations - Norwich
Salary: £37,000 - £42,000 (negotiable) + benefits.
- The company is a high-profile and respected brand in the food manufacturing industry. The purpose of the E&I Technician role is to work in partnership with the Shift Performance Manager, Electrical & Instrumentation Team Manager and shift and day based technicians to carry out planned and reactive electrical & instrumentation maintenance as required.
The main duties of the Electrical and Instrument Technician role:
- Troubleshooting and practical fault finding on plant, instrumentation and control systems
- Installation of new plant or apply modifications when required.
- Carry out planned inspection routes on process plant and proactive maintenance.
- During maintenance periods, undertake maintenance activities as well as testing and commissioning plant in readiness for operations.
- Reporting of all engineering activities in the appropriate format into the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Making plant safe for maintenance.
Required skills and experience for the Electrical and Instrument Technician role.
- Competent to receive and/or authorise a range of permits as required.
- IOSH working Safely
- Comprehensive technical knowledge gained through large scale, complex operational factory experience.
- Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex industrial environment and producing food and feed.
- ONC / HNC in Electrical Engineering or a recognised Apprenticeship.
- A proven track record of effective technical problem solving, fault diagnosis, maintenance and continuous improvement processes.
- Experience of working in a lean operating environment.
- Experience of working in an operational team of varying disciplines and skill levels.
- Ability to demonstrate practical hands on skills, competence and knowledge of maintenance activities in the food manufacturing process.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary. Alternatively, please call Justin Wainwright directly on 01268 889267