Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer
An Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer is required with understanding of electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer with experience of electrical architecture and experience of fault finding for a new contract role.
As an Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer you will be required to:
- Test experience relating to the validation of Instrument clusters (IC) within vehicle, including functional, performance and reliability.
- Support and oversee in vehicle and bench test against specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of concerns into project reviews and senior management.
- Root cause investigation of concerns on vehicles.
- Creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the Instrument cluster.
- Cross functional working with related departments to ensure early response to reported issues and concerns resolution.
- Provide technical support to support the launch of the new models into European production plants.
The Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Instrument cluster systems validation
- Body electronics validation
- Vehicle Diagnostics validation
- Fuel gauge system validation
- OAT (outside Air temperature) system validation
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans/cases Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Valid UK driving licence is must.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability
- Be able to operate CANalyzer, CANoe and CANape software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to use Matlab / Simulink to create test cases for validation of electrical systems
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment. Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project. Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer periods and or at short notice.
If you have any questions about the Electrical and Electronic Test Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.