Electrical & Electronic Systems Engineer
Location Rocester, Staffordshire
Job Code CNIC-AXKGRS
Vacancy Closing Date 15/09/2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical and Electronics Systems Engineer (or Senior, experience dependant) to join the Engineering team of the world's number 1 manufacturer of Backhoe Loaders.
A truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further.
Overview of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical and Electronics Systems Engineer (or Senior, experience dependant) to join the Engineering team of the world's number 1 manufacturer of Backhoe Loaders. Reporting to the E&E Systems Manager, the successful candidate will join a highly focused passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and extend Backhoe market penetration
Your Responsibilities as an E&E Systems Engineer:
Depending on your level and experience, your main duties would include:
- Generation, validation and introduction of new design concepts to production
- Generation of machine schematics to relevant standards
- Design/development of vehicle control systems including, ECU's, comms networks, displays, etc
- Analysis/calculations of performance levels for safety related parts of control systems (SRP/CS)
- Ensuring components/software meet internal/external standards/requirements as necessary
- Authoring of software requirement specifications, test specifications, test reports, user manuals, etc.
- Liaising with internal/external customers/departments, as required
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Degree/HND in electronic engineering, computer science or a similar subject
- An understanding of control system logic and an appreciation of functional safety
- Proficient in J1939 CAN protocol to aid message optimisation and system diagnostics
- Familiarity with off highway electronic control systems and machine electrical/electronic systems
- Experience diagnosing and rectifying faults with electrical circuits and control systems on/off vehicles
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, coupled with a sense of urgency
- Experience of developing control system algorithms using model based design tools
- Experience working with ISO 15998, ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 safety standards
- Have a basic understanding of other machine functions such as powertrain and hydraulics to aid the development of new E&E systems
What's In It for You?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
A is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.